|(former Village of Swansea) Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Vision and Mandate
To provide a forum for local ratepayers and residents with the general area of
the former Village of Swansea, where community and business issues can be
voiced and debated.
Build on and strengthen the unique character of Swansea within the context of
the City of Toronto and environs and respond to the needs of the Swansea
In a way that:
Involves and encourages participation from residents, ratepayers and businesses.
Provides an open forum for discussion, information sharing and voicing of specific community
Seeks involvement, support and participation from the local City Councillor, City Council
and other levels of government, as well as other groups and organizations.
Encourages sound planning that addresses the unique needs of Swansea, within the Toronto
context, specifically on zoning, property development, traffic safety, schooling,
environmental and recreational activities.
Discussions are reached in a democratic manner; Action plans are recommended and
Swansea's interests are expressed and promoted in the most effective and inclusive
What is SARA doing for you?
- Educating and informing the community through public forums.
- Endeavouring to maintain the cultural, environmental, and political health of
- Working with residents to ensure that new development reflects community
- Fighting disruptive and illegal licensed establishments.
- Ensuring that the Swansea Town Hall is properly managed to reflect
- Continuing to maintain the Swansea Memorial Branch of the Toronto Public
- Maintaining close contact with local elected representatives and the civil
servants whose work affects the community.
- Providing input to the City of Toronto's new Official Plan.
- Collaborating with the City of Toronto to ensure safe and well designed
pedestrian and cycle paths along the lakeshore and mouth of the Humber
What can you do for SARA?
- Become a member
- Attend SARA events
- Get involved in a Committee
- Become a Director on the Board