Ravina Garden Planting Party!
Sunday, November 8, 2015
1:00 p.m. –3:00 p.m.
At the new Community Garden
290 Clendenan Avenue
Garden location is on the East side of Clendenan Avenue & North side of Glendonwynne Road in the former Lawn Bowling Green.
Join us for a fun afternoon of bulb planting, children’s activities and a chance to meet your neighbours!
All Are Welcome
For more information please email email@example.com
The Swansea Area Ratepayers Association
The Federal All-Candidates for Parkdale-High Park Debate
Thursday, September 17, 2015, 7:00 – 9:30 p.m.
The Rousseau Room of the Swansea Town Hall, 95 Lavinia
(One block east of Windermere, north of Morningside).
The doors will open at 7:00 p.m. and the debate will begin at 7:30 p.m.
This is your chance to Question, Hear and Discover
Our P-HP Candidates stands on Swansea & Canada-Wide Issues.
Now is the time when all Canadians need to support a discussion of our country’s social, environmental and economic direction. Bring your questions to address all the issues to ensure a prosperous future for all Canadians.
In Commemoration of Étienne Brûlé’s 400th Anniversary
The final stage of the 3-day reenactment of the Brûlé-Wendats Expedition of 1615 portaging down the Toronto Carrying Place Trail reaching the shores of Lake Ontario in Swansea.
Come and meet Etienne Brule and the many great historical figures who ventured the Carrying Trail leading to the development of Toronto today!
Sunday, Sept 13th, 12noon – 6pm
Lucy Maud Montgomery Parkette,
222 Riverside Drive, South of Bloor Street
Visit the Swansea 8000 Years Website for more information
Map to the Events of the Commemoration
The Swansea Area Ratepayers Association’s
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 7:30 p.m.
Swansea Town Hall Community Centre,
95 Lavinia Avenue, Toronto
Guest Speaker Edith George
Preserving Our Natural Roots’
The Agenda will include:
Updates on Developments at 2265-79 Bloor W.,
1926 Lakeshore & Southport Plaza
¨ Election of Officers and Directors
¨ Committee and Treasurer’s Reports
Following the meeting, Edith George will speak to the importance of preserving our tree heritage. As we learn about the importance of our natural roots, we will see the need for identifying and preserving this part of our history that is often overlooked and taken for granted.
Consider signing up as a member at the AGM or visit us online at www.swansearatepayers.ca
2265-79 Bloor St. W. Development Proposal Hosted by your 4 local Residents Associations Tuesday, December 16, 2014 7:30pm (doors open at 7pm) at RUNNYMEDE UNITED CHURCH (Runnymede north of Bloor)
See attached notice for more information:
2265-79 Bloor West Community Meeting Dec 16
The development proposed for the southwest corner of Bloor & Durie will set the precedent for all future developments in the Village and could be approved as early as January by the Ontario Municipal Board.
If you love this neighbourhood and want to see community input into this development, then act now!
• PLEASE DONATE to Save Our Village (www.saveourvillage.ca) to help raise $30,000 to pay for legal and planning professionals to represent residents’ interests at the January OMB hearing for this development
• Spread the word about this development and fundraising effort.
Facts about the Bloor/Durie Development Proposal:
• When a developer goes to the OMB, the OMB will frequently approve a development – even in a case such as this where both the City and residents oppose the development and argue against it at the OMB hearing.
• This development will set a precedent for future developments in Bloor West Village. It could also set a precedent for developers believing that the way to conduct business in Bloor West Village is to simply ignore residents and take their proposals straight to the OMB.
• The City and local residents’ associations have opposed this proposal, and will argue against it at the January OMB hearing, citing that the proposed building:
o is 9-‐stories tall + mechanical in a location that is currently zoned for up to 4-‐stories
o has no set-‐back to provide relief from the shadowing of the sidewalks on both sides of Bloor St. o encroaches on the neighbourhood to the South, calling for demolition of a house in Swansea o offers a design that does not respect the character of the neighbourhood
• Additional concerns:
o crowding in local public schools
o increased traffic, and
o increased pressure on transit
• Local residents’ associations have had past success at the OMB and we have solid legal and planning arguments to put before the OMB that we believe will improve this development.
We love Bloor West Village, and we know you
• New development, if properly managed with community input, is an opportunity to improve our area.
• However, when a developer chooses not to work with the community – it is time to act!
1st Annual Sleep-Out raising awareness on homelessness!
800pm to 600am
(that’s right, it’s all night – where our members will sleep outside in sleeping bags!)
Friday November 7, 2014
(Front lawn of 11 Division, 2054 Davenport Rd.)
Please Support The Officers of Toronto Police Services 11 Division
Members of the Community Police Liaison Committee
Staff of the West Neighbourhood House
in their 1st Annual “Warm 4 Winter” Event
We are seeking donations of new:
• Socks, Mitts, Hats, Gloves
• Sleeping Bags & Blankets
• Undergarments, Toiletries
Please drop off donations at 11 Division, 2054 Davenport Ave, Toronto
For more information on how you can help, please contact Supt. Heinz Kuck 416-808-1114, or email Heinz.firstname.lastname@example.org
SARA will be co-hosting separate election debates for both the Councilor’s and Mayor’s positions. Save the dates! The details are as follows…
Councilor Candidates Debate – Tuesday, September 30, 7:30pm,
Swansea Town Hall, Rousseau Room. Doors open at 7:00pm.
Co-hosted with the Old Mill Community Association and High Park Residents Association.
Mayoral Candidates Debate – Friday, October 3, 7:00pm,
Runnymede United Church.
Co-hosted with the Bloor West Village Residents Association.
Hope to see you there!
Main and Main Developments invites you to attend a preliminary consultation session for a proposed mixed-use mid-rise development located at:
2117 Bloor Street West and 19 Harcroft Road
The meeting will take place on:
Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 at 7:00pm–8:30pm
Swansea Town Hall – Rousseau Room – 95 Lavinia Avenue, Toronto
Councillor Doucette will be in attendance. However it is the developer’s meeting.
See the post on Save our Village for further information.